PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment
What is PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment?
This is a real revolution!
Inject your own serum, called “plasma”, instead of a foreign substance. After a blood sampling, your plasma which contains platelets, is injected under the skin. Platelets release various factors that stimulate the production of collagen, elastic fibers and new blood vessels.
PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma, also called “Vampire-facelift”, improves the texture, firmness and volume of the skin in order to regain and preserve facial, neck and cleavage youthfulness. This process becomes for some areas, an alternative to Juvederm injections, hyaluronic acid, collagen and other fillers.
This treatment is also used to fight hair loss or alopecia
Is this a safe procedure ?
Plasma is prepared from your own blood so perfectly biocompatible. There is no adverse effect or risk of allergy since your skin is regenerated with your own blood cells.
This treatment has been used in sports medicine for more than 10 years for healing of injured tissues.
How does the PRP, Plasma Rich Platelets work?
- First, we take a small amount of your blood and have it centrifuged in order to separate the plasma.
- Injection under the skin is done with very small needles or with the Dermapen.
- It can also be injected in the deeper portion of the skin, to improve the appearance of dark circles, cheeks and other wrinkles.
- It takes 4 to 6 weeks for your newly injected platelets to stimulate production of collagen.
- Results improve over time and can last for a few years.
The prices ranges from $ 700 to $ 1200 per session. 2 to 3 sessions are recommended.