What is Botox®?
Botulinum toxin, better known as Botox®, Dysport® or Xeomin®, is a protein that is naturally produced by bacteria. Substance of choice for improving the appearance of forehead wrinkles, between the eyebrows (glabella) and crow’s feet, its synthesis takes place in laboratories approved by Health Canada.
Am I going to have a frozen look?
When properly dosed and injected by a trained dermatologist or cosmetic doctor, Botox® leaves you looking relaxed, never frozen. The practitioner will ask you to make certain facial expressions to evaluate your muscle tone, understand your anatomical specifications and therefore personalize your injections.
Is Botox® safe?
Botox® has existed for more than 25 years and no long-term complications have ever been observed. It is used in all spheres of traditional medicine, especially neurology. Side effects are rare, never severe and easily corrected.
This product must be purchased from a reputable supplier in order to avoid imitations.
What happens during a Botox® treatment?
- Wrinkles are treated with a few injections underneath the skin
- There is no pain, since the needle is ultra-fine
- A treatment lasts about 10-15 minutes
- Almost no risk of bruising or swelling
- You can return to your regular activities after treatment
- The results will appear very gradually over the next 10 days
- Effects last an average of 4-6 months
If I stop Botox® injections, will I develop more wrinkles?
Of course not! This is a common myth. Your wrinkles will gradually return as your muscles regain ability to contract. You will have trimmed off quite a few years.
Thanks to Botox® and hyaluronic acid! Most patients can avoid plastic surgery.